Limited stay visa
Limited stay visa is Issued for the following activities:
- Occupational activities
- Non-occupational activities
Occupational activities include:
- Activities on a ship, floating devices or installations operating in Indonesian waters, continental shelves and in the
- Indonesian EEZ;
- Activities as clergy;
- Professional activities on a freelance basis;
- Commercial filming activities with the permission of relevant authorities;
- Monitoring the quality of goods and production;
- Inspection or audit of branches of a company in Indonesia;
- Support Service;
- Installation and repair of machines;
- Non-permanent activity in the context of a construction project;
- Art, music or sports;
- Professional sports;
- Medical care;
- Prospective foreign workers as part of an ability test.
- Operation of foreign investments;
- Operation of education and scientific research;
- Participation in training courses;
- Family Reunion;
- Older foreign travelers.
Foreign national entitled to the family reunion include:
- foreign national wishing to join their Indonesian husband or wive;
- foreign national wishing to join their husband or wive who are in possession of a limited residence permit or an unlimited residence permit;
- children from legal marriage between foreign national and Indonesian national;
- Unmarried children under the age of 18 who wish to join their parents who are in possession of a limited residence permit or unlimited residence permit.
The issuance of a limited stay visa is subject to the approval of the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta. For more information regarding this approval and documents required by immigration authorities, please visit the following link: http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/en/public-services/limited-stay-visa#requirements
The following documents must be submitted when applying for a limited-stay visa
- passport (with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of entry into Indonesia);
- a completed application form;
- 2 (two) passport photos (3×4) in color;
- written consent (telex visa) by the immigration authority in Indonesia;
- invitations / letters of support from the sponsor of the applicant in Indonesia;
- Evidence of self-sustainability during the stay of the applicant and his family members, if accompanied in Indonesia (eg recent bank statement, etc.), or a guarantee from a third party willing to provide financial support to the claimant during his stay in Indonesia (with Evidence of the ability to do so);
- Proof of the obligation in the country of the applicant where he / she has his / her permanent residence (eg a letter from employer / university confirming the intention of the applicant to return after the termination of his stay in Indonesia).
- Additional conditions for Family Reunion:
- Foreign national must enclose with the application form a letter of recommendation from relevant governmental bodies and / or authorities in accordance with the law;
- Foreign national who is legally married to Indonesian nationals must attach a copy of the marriage certificate or marriage book to the application form.