Visa on Arrival (VoA)
A Visa on Arrival (VoA) for a stay of up to 30 days can be granted for foreign nationals for the purpose of:
- Official visits or government duties;
- Business meetings;
- Procurement of goods;
- Official meetings; or
Citizens of the following countries, administrative regional governments, and certain entities may obtain a VoA:
|1. Albania||2. Andorra||3. Argentina||4. Australia||5. Austria||6. Bahrain||7. Belarus||8. Belgium||9. Bosnia Herzegovina|
|10. Brazil||11. Brunei||12. Bulgaria||13. Cambodia||14. Canada||15. Chile||16. China||17. Colombia||18. Croatia|
|19. Cyprus||20. Czech Republic||21. Denmark||22. East Timor||23. Ecuador||24. Egypt||25. Estonia||26. Finland||27. France|
|28. Germany||29. Greece||30. Hongkong||31. Hungary||32. Iceland||33. India||34. Ireland||35. Italy||36. Japan|
|37. Jordan||38. Kuwait||39. Laos||40. Latvia||41. Liechtenstein||42. Lithuania||43. Luxemburg||44. Malaysia||45. Maldives|
|46. Malta||47. Mexico||48. Monaco||49. Morocco||50. Myanmar||51. Netherlands||52. New Zealand||53. Norway||54. Oman|
|55. Palestine||56. Peru||57. Philippines||58. Poland||59. Portugal||60. Qatar||61. Rumania||62. Russia||63. San Marino|
|64. Saudi Arabia||65. Serbia||66. Seychelles||67. Singapore||68. Slovakia||69. Slovenia||70. South Africa||71. South Korea||72. Spain|
|73. Suriname||74. Swedia||75. Switzerland||76. Taiwan||77. Thailand||78. Tunisia||79. Turkiye||80. UAE||81. UK|
|82. Ukraine||83. USA||84. Uzbekistan||85. Vatican||86. Vietnam|
The VoA can be acquired at the following entry points:
|1. Soekarno-Hatta, Jakarta (Java)||4. Juanda, Surabaya (Java)||7. Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta (Java)|
|2. Ngurah Rai, Denpasar (Bali)||5. Hasanudin, Makassar (Sulawesi)||8. Hang Nadim, Batam (Riau)|
|3. Kualanamu, Medan (Sumatra)||6. Sam Ratulangi, Manado (Sulawesi)||9. Zainuddin Abdul Majid, Mataram (Lombok)|
|1. Benoa, Bali||5. Citra Tri Tunas, Riau Islands||9. Sekupang, Riau Islands|
|2. Bandar Bentan Telani Lagoi, Riau Islands||6. Dumai, Riau Islands||10. Sri Bintan Pura, Riau Islands|
|3. Bandar Seri Udana Lobam, Riau Islands||7. Marina Teluk Senimba, Riau Islands||11. Tanjung Balai Karimun, Riau Islands|
|4. Batam Centre, Riau Islands||8. Nongsa Terminal Bahari, Riau Islands|
|1. Entikong, West Kalimantan||3. Mota’ain, East Nusa Tenggara|
|2. Aruk, West Kalimantan||4. Tunon Taka, East Kalimantan|
Upon entry via any other entry point, the visa must be applied for prior to entry.
Requirements and Fees
The following documents are required to apply for a VoA at the airport/ferry port seaport/cross-border post:
- Passport with a validity of at least 6 months *
- Return flight or departure ticket
- Proof of complete vaccination (complete = twice) **
- PeduliLindungi app installed and registered with the traveler’s personal data and vaccination (please see here for further information)
Additional documents, required specifically for entry in the context of government affairs:
- Invitation letter from the inviting Indonesian government body, e.g. Ministry, Authority, etc.
Payment of the fee in the amount of Rp.500,000.- can be made by credit card or cash. USD and EUR are also accepted.
The visa can be extended 1 x 30 days at the nearest immigration office without leaving the country in the meantime. Cost of extension: Rp.500,000.-
- The VoA is intended specifically for tourist entry or visits in the context of government affairs; entry with a VoA for business purposes is not permitted.
- The arrival day counts as the first full day.
- It is neither possible to receive a tourist visa for 60 days at the time of entry nor to extend the VoA further after the completion of 2 x 30 days of stay.
- The Indonesian immigration authority accepts departure/exit tickets which are within a period of 60 days of entry.
- It is not possible to apply for a VoA with a temporary passport.
- It is not possible to apply for a new visit visa “onshore”, i.e. without a temporary departure from Indonesia.
- It is not possible to convert the VoA into a visit or limited stay visa.
For further information regarding the VoA please see here.
* Accepted passports include regular biometric passports and children’s passports; no other travel documents or temporary passports will be accepted.
** The current health protocol on entry (see here) stipulates that all entrants aged 18 years and above must provide mandatory proof of a complete Covid-19 vaccination. Children under the age of 18 are exempt from this regulation.
Last modified: 28.09.2022