General Visa Application Procedure
Since the switch to electronic visas (so-called eVisa) in October 2020, applications for visit (type B) and limited-stay visas (type C) must be submitted directly to the Directorate General for Immigration in Jakarta. Since then, the Indonesian missions abroad are only allowed to issue B211A visit visas in the exceptional cases mentioned here.
The application has to be submitted via this online portal.
For both types of visas, a sponsor in Indonesia is required and must be registered as such with the Directorate General of Immigration (via the online portal). The visa application has to be submitted by the sponsor.
The following regulations apply regarding the sponsor:
Visit Visa (type B)
- Registered travel agency/hotel in Indonesia as sponsor
- Registered legal entity or close family member as sponsor
- Registered company/entrepreneur in Indonesia as sponsor
Limited-Stay Visa (type C)
- Indonesian employer as sponsor
- Work permit required from the Ministry of Labour of the Republic of Indonesia
- Application by sponsor through this portal of the Ministry of Labour of the Republic of Indonesia (please note: The portal is not accessible from outside Indonesia)
- A sponsor is not required but instead the applicant has to provide proof of payment of an immigration security deposit
- Recommendation Letter required from the competent authority of the Republic of Indonesia in the field of capital investment
- Indonesian research institution as sponsor
- Research permit / recommendation required from the Ministry of Research and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia
- Application by sponsor through the Ministry of Research and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia
- Indonesian host university as sponsor
- Study permit / recommendation required from the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia, issued by the Attaché for Education and Culture at the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Berlin (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Application by sponsor through the online portal of the Directorate General of Immigration
- Indonesian spouse/parent as sponsor
Please refer to the following fee table for the current rates:
|1.||Single-Entry Visit Visa for 60 Days||130,00 € *||Rp.2.000.000,00|
|2.||Single-Entry Visit Visa for 180 Days||Rp.6.000.000,00|
|3.||Single-Entry Visit Visa for 60 Days – for Tourism Purposes only||Rp.1.500.000,00|
|4.||Multiple-Entry Visit Visa, per 1 Year||Rp.3.000.000,00|
|6.||Limited-Stay Visa – Non-Work, for Second Home||Rp.3.000.000,00|
|7.||Limited-Stay Visa – Non-Work, for Second Home, Dependants (Spouse, Children, Parents)||Rp.2.000.000,00|
|8.||Visa Approval by the Indonesian Director General of Immigration||Rp.200.000,00|
Source: Surat Plt. Direktur Jenderal Imigrasi Nomor IMI-KU.01.03-0074 perihal Penyampaian Surat Edaran Pelaksanaan Peraturan Menteri Keuangan Nomor 9/PMK.02/2022 tentang Jenis dan Tarif atas Jenis Penerimaan Negara Bukan Pajak Kebutuhan Mendesak atas Pelayanan Keimigrasian yang Berlaku pada Kementerian Hukum dan HAM
*The fee in EUR only applies for visa applications made to and approved by the Indonesian Missions abroad (see link above).