Visa on Arrival (VoA)
For citizens of the following 60 countries – Germany included – it is possible to enter Indonesia for a stay of up to 30 days with a Visa on Arrival (VoA):
The VoA can be acquired at the following air and ferry ports:
- Soekarno-Hatta, Jakarta
- Ngurah Rai, Denpasar
- Kualanamu, Medan
- Juanda, Surabaya
- Hasanuddin, Makassar
- Sam Ratulangi, Manado
- Hang Nadim, Batam
- Zainuddin Abdul Majid, Mataram
- Benoa, Bali
- Bandar Bentan Telani Lagoi, Riau Islands
- Bandar Seri Udana Lobam, Riau Islands
- Batam Centre, Riau Islands
- Citra Tri Tunas, Riau Islands
- Dumai, Riau Islands
- Marina Teluk Senimba, Riau Islands
- Nongsa Terminal Bahari, Riau Islands
- Sekupang, Riau Islands
- Sri Bintan Pura, Riau Islands
- Tanjung Balai Karimun, Riau Islands
The following documents are required to apply for a VoA at the airport/ferry port:
- Passport with a validity of at least 6 months
- Return flight or departure ticket
- Proof of complete (= 2-times) vaccination *
- PeduliLindungi app installed
- Proof of health insurance covering treatment costs in the event of a Covid 19 infection
Payment of the fee in the amount of Rp.500,000.- will be made in cash. USD and EUR are also accepted.
The visa can be extended 1 x 30 days at the nearest immigration office without leaving the country in the meantime.
- It is neither possible to apply for a new visit visa “onshore”, i.e. without a temporary departure from Indonesia, nor to convert the VoA into a limited stay visa.
- It is not possible to apply for a VoA with a temporary passport.
* The current health protocol on entry (see point 5) stipulates that all entrants aged 18 years and over must provide mandatory proof of a full Covid 19 vaccination. Children from 6 to 17 years of age are exempt from the proof requirement, but will be vaccinated upon arrival by the Indonesian health authorities if they cannot provide proof of vaccination. Children under the age of 6 are exempt from this regulation.