Visa on Arrival (VoA)
For citizens of the following 75 countries – Germany included – it is possible to enter Indonesia with a Visa on Arrival (VoA) for a stay of up to 30 days in the context of tourism or government affairs:
|1. Argentina||2. Australia||3. Austria||4. Bahrain||5. Belarus||6. Belgium||7. Bosnia Herzegovina||8. Brazil|
|9. Brunei||10. Bulgaria||11. Cambodia||12. Canada||13. China||14. Colombia||15. Croatia||16. Cyprus|
|17. Czech Republic||18. Denmark||19. East Timor||20. Egypt||21. Estonia||22. Finland||23. France||24. Germany|
|25. Greece||26. Hongkong||27. Hungary||28. India||29. Ireland||30. Italy||31. Japan||32. Jordan|
|33. Kuwait||34. Laos||35. Latvia||36. Lithuania||37. Luxemburg||38. Malaysia||39. Maldives||40. Malta|
|41. Mexico||42. Monaco||43. Morocco||44. Myanmar||45. Netherlands||46. New Zealand||47. Norway||48. Oman|
|49. Peru||50. Philippines||51. Poland||52. Portugal||53. Qatar||54. Rumania||55. Russia||56. Saudi Arabia|
|57. Serbia||58. Seychelles||59. Singapore||60. Slovakia||61. Slovenia||62. South Africa||63. South Korea||64. Spain|
|65. Swedia||66. Switzerland||67. Taiwan||68. Thailand||69. Tunisia||70. Turkiye||71. UAE||72. UK|
|73. Ukraine||74. USA||75. Vietnam|
The VoA can be acquired at the following entry points:
|1. Soekarno-Hatta, Jakarta (Java)||4. Juanda, Surabaya (Java)||7. Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta (Java)|
|2. Ngurah Rai, Denpasar (Bali)||5. Hasanudin, Makassar (Sulawesi)||8. Hang Nadim, Batam (Riau)|
|3. Kualanamu, Medan (Sumatra)||6. Sam Ratulangi, Manado (Sulawesi)||9. Zainuddin Abdul Majid, Mataram (Lombok)|
|1. Benoa, Bali||5. Citra Tri Tunas, Riau Islands||9. Sekupang, Riau Islands|
|2. Bandar Bentan Telani Lagoi, Riau Islands||6. Dumai, Riau Islands||10. Sri Bintan Pura, Riau Islands|
|3. Bandar Seri Udana Lobam, Riau Islands||7. Marina Teluk Senimba, Riau Islands||11. Tanjung Balai Karimun, Riau Islands|
|4. Batam Centre, Riau Islands||8. Nongsa Terminal Bahari, Riau Islands|
|1. Entikong, West Kalimantan||3. Mota’ain, East Nusa Tenggara|
|2. Aruk, West Kalimantan||4. Tunon Taka, East Kalimantan|
Upon entry via any other entry point, the visa must be applied for prior to entry.
Requirements and Fees
The following documents are required to apply for a VoA at the airport/ferry port seaport/cross-border post:
- Passport with a validity of at least 6 months *
- Return flight or departure ticket
- Proof of complete vaccination (complete = twice) **
- PeduliLindungi app installed and registered with the traveler’s personal data and vaccination (please see here for further information)
Additional documents, required specifically for entry in the context of government affairs:
- Invitation letter from the inviting Indonesian government body, e.g. Ministry, Authority, etc.
Payment of the fee in the amount of Rp.500,000.- can be made by credit card or cash. USD and EUR are also accepted.
The visa can be extended 1 x 30 days at the nearest immigration office without leaving the country in the meantime. Cost of extension: Rp.500,000.-
- The VoA is intended specifically for tourist entry or visits in the context of government affairs; entry with a VoA for business purposes is not permitted.
- The arrival day counts as the first full day.
- It is neither possible to receive a tourist visa for 60 days at the time of entry nor to extend the VoA further after the completion of 2 x 30 days of stay.
- The Indonesian immigration authority accepts departure/exit tickets which are within a period of 60 days of entry.
- It is not possible to apply for a VoA with a temporary passport.
- It is not possible to apply for a new visit visa “onshore”, i.e. without a temporary departure from Indonesia.
- It is not possible to convert the VoA into a visit or limited stay visa.
For further information regarding the VoA please see here.
* Accepted passports include regular biometric passports and children’s passports; no other travel documents or temporary passports will be accepted.
** The current health protocol on entry (see here) stipulates that all entrants aged 18 years and above must provide mandatory proof of a complete Covid-19 vaccination. Children under the age of 18 are exempt from this regulation.