APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR DIPLOMATIC AND SERVICE VISAS
- Diplomatic visas are given to foreign citizens bearing diplomatic passports, for the conduct of diplomatic assignments in Indonesia.
- Service visas are given to foreign citizens bearing service passports, for the conduct of non-diplomatic official assignments in Indonesia.
- United Nations Leissez-Passer (UNLP) travel document, a diplomatic visa will be given for UNLP-bearers entitled to diplomatic privileges and immunities, and a service visa will be given for the rest of UNLP-bearers.
- Please allow 10 working days of processing time for diplomatic/service visa application.
- For posting to a diplomatic/consular post in Indonesia please allow at least 4 weeks of processing time at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia in Jakarta.
- Urgent visa application should be mentioned in the application letter/verbal note for consideration. This does not, however, guarantee approval.
- Requests for Diplomatic/Service Visas must be submitted through an Indonesian diplomatic/consular mission abroad. The requirements are as follows:
- Verbal Note issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Germany stating the purpose and the duration of visit.
- Original passport with the validity of at least six months at the time of arrival in Indonesia.
- Passport-size (6x5cm) photo of the applicant with standard German biometric features (note: non-conforming photos will be rejected). Scanned photo should be transmitted to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letter of reference by the inviting institution in Indonesia stating the purpose and the duration of the visit.
- Flight itinerary.
- Completed application form (note: computer-based sticker visa application system does not accept incomplete data)
- Visa application for official posting (other than at the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Jakarta) must be accompanied by a letter of agreement of posting issued by the State Ministry (Kementerian Sekretariat Negara) of the Republic of Indonesia, c.q. Directorate for Foreign Technical Cooperation.
Applications which require approval by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia (approval process may require ca. four weeks):
- Visa for official posting
- Multiple entry visa
- Visa for a duration of more than 30 days
- Visa for other passport (regular passport) for the spouse and family members of diplomatic or service officials posted in Indonesia.
- Visa for other passport (regular passport) for training purposes.
Additional information on visa for official posting:
- The standard authorization issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia, c.q. Directorate for Consular Affairs for official posting in Indonesia is for a diplomatic or a service visa (for single entry) for a period of 30 days.
The holders of a diplomatic or a service visa are requested to converts the status to diplomatic/service residence permit at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia, c.q. Directorate for Consular Affairs as soon as they arrive in Indonesia.